Monday, July 28, 2014

Transition Pieces

Whether I like it or not, fall is rapidly approaching. I'm still not entirely sure how that happened since I'm pretty sure the summer just started but nevertheless stores insist on bombarding me with their fall lines. Normally I'm so excited to for the impending chilly days since fall is my favorite season but I'm no fool, I know winter is chomping on the heels of fall and I can still feel those bone chilling temps from last year. But since mother nature doesn't want to listen to me, it looks like I have to accept the inevitable. 

The bright side? There are some seriously cute clothes out for fall. Since my internal battle rages on, half of my brain is dying to buy these pieces but it's still so warm out. Luckily there are some great transition pieces that you can wear now, and layer later, that will carry you right into fall. Here are my favorites. 

Military Shirtdress: Olive has to be my absolute favorite color at the moment, it looks great with the tan skin of summer but is versatile enough to carry you all the way through the fall. This dress is perfect for right now but would look amazing with a chambray shirt and riding boots. 

Mixed Media Sweater: Normally sweaters tend to scream cooler weather but I'm a big fan of pairing them with shorts or white jeans for the summer. I think this sweater might be my favorite fall piece by far. How adorable is the blue and white stripe detail in the back??

Colorblock Stripe Tee: T-shirts are nice and versatile because they pair so easily with jeans and when it gets a little chillier they are perfect under a cardigan. The stripes give a nautical feel while the colors will also work well into October. 

Toothpick Jean (Railroad Wash): I feel like from October on all I wear are dark denim jeans and it gets tired very quickly. So this year I made a promise to myself to mix it up a little more, lest I die of boredom before December, and these pants would be the perfect solution. The grey wash is light enough that they would work now with a white peasant top, but could also look fab with a oatmeal or black sweater, down the road. 

Gingham Utility Shirt: Navy and white are the perfect summer combo, but it's often too hot in the city to wear long sleeves in the summer. This shirt would look great in September with white jeans and wedges (break with convention- ignore the post labor day rules!) and eventually under a blazer. 

C.Wonder Skinny Jeans: I tried this on this past weekend and have definitely added them to my fall wish list. These would look adorable with a striped-tee now and with a sweater later.

Sumatra Dress: I'm so in love with this dress. It's perfect for right now but paired with a black cardigan and ballet flats it would take you well into the fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs