Monday, August 4, 2014

July Book Review

I've been trucking away with my books this summer and have two new book reviews for you from the month of July. 

As stated several times I was dying to read Jonathan Tropper's This is Where I Leave You after seeing the trailer (check it out here). I'm pretty much on board with everything in which Tina Fey is involved and I'm happy to report this book did not disappoint. The story starts with the protagonist, Judd Foxwood, who is in the midst of a person crisis after walking in on his wife sleeping with his boss, finding out his father has passed away. He, along with his three other siblings, return to their childhood home and are met with their father's dying wish: for the family to sit shiva for a week. A great deal of drama ensues when this cast of characters is forced to one again live under the same roof. It's absolutely hysterical, and surprisingly heartwarming, this is definitely a must-read! 

Two years ago I read Erin Duffy's breakout novel Bond Girl and it became one of my all time favorite books, so you can imagine my excitement when I found out she had released a second book! This one is called On the Rocks and follows Abby, who, while in the midst of trying on wedding dresses, discovers her fiancé has dumped her via Facebook. After spending six months on her couch and gaining 30 lbs, her best friend stages an intervention and all but forces her to do a summer share with her in Newport. Erin's writing is witty and relatable, you feel as if you're listening to a story from a friend. She has quickly become one of my favorite authors. Her voice is extremely accessible to a twenty-something. This is the perfect beach read!

Any suggestions for August? 

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs