Monday, August 11, 2014

Living on the Edge

I consider myself pretty conservative when it comes to my wardrobe. I definitely fall for the occasional trendy piece, but for the most part I stick with the classics. But every so often I think it's good to step out of your comfort zone and expand your fashion repertoire. I, of course, was pulled back to the Bendel's sale last weekend and bought an accessory that was pretty out there for me. I told you, a very long time ago, of my love for Foley and Corinna bags and for some reason had yet to purchase one, despite drooling over them every time I saw someone carrying one. Well Bendel's had one on sale (marked down from $400, to $150) and I couldn't pass it up.


I thought it would be a fun statement piece to mix in every once and awhile.

Classic
1/2/3/4
The key to branching out is to still maintain your personal style. I imagine incorporating such a bold piece into a very classic outfit (grey sweater, pixie pants and ballet flats) and letting the bag make the statement. This way you'll never feel uncomfortable in your outfit.

Do you ever step out of your style comfort zone?

2 comments:

  1. What a great deal, how could you pass it up? Love the colors, I think it will go great with a lot of outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great deal! Usually when I step out of my style it's with a fun accessory too.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs