Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August Book Review

I've had Jessica Grose's Sad Desk Salad on my to-read list for as long as I can remember. I finally got around to it this month and found it adequately entertaining. The story follows Alex, a professional blogger, who writes for successful female entrainment website. Alex is faced with a moral dilemma when she receives an anonymous email of a semi-celebrity engaging in some pretty scandalous behavior. She must decide how far she is willing to go for page views.


The premise was interesting, especially since I have a blog (obviously on a much smaller scale) and I enjoyed learning about the ins-and-outs of writing for a gossip website. But I found some of it slightly farfetched. It was a quick and easy read, but it wasn't one of my favorites.

The Husband's Secret was one of my favorite books this year so I was so excited to learn that the Cecilia Fitzgerald released a new novel. The structure is similar to that of The Husband's Secret (for those of you who have already read that), centering around three women and their involvement with a very serious incident. 


This book pulls you in right from the beginning. Similar to The Husband's Secret, I found myself trying to slow down to savor it more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs