Monday, September 8, 2014

Tennis Anyone?

I vowed to update you more frequently on my comings and goings in the city so I thought I'd share my little adventure of last week. One of my objectives of my 101 in 1001 list was to see more sporting events here, and somehow I neglected to put "Attending the US Open" on my list so we'll consider it an honorable mention.

Last Wednesday night I ventured to Queens, for the first time, to catch the men's and women's quarterfinals. The weather was picture perfect (which was such a blessing after the 92 degree day before) and the matches didn't disappoint.



As captivating as the tennis matches were, my highlight of the evening was sitting in the box directly next to the queen herself, Anna Wintour, as she cheered on Serena Williams with her family.





It was a long night, Djokavac and Murray playing well into the wee hours of the morning, but was so much fun that it was worth it. (Not to mention my bright yellow dress was easy for my parents to spot of TV!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs