Monday, November 24, 2014

101 in 1001 Updates

Slowly but surely I have been trying to tick away at my 101 in 1001 list and figured it was time to let you in on my updates. 

PERSONAL

5. Do a full closet purge and get rid of anything I no longer wear, or doesn't fit my personal style: 
The Happiness Project inspired me to do my closet overhaul and as Rubin's ensured, I actually feel as though I have more to wear. 

26. Go through my "Things to do in New York" books and highlight what I've already done: 
One boring night I decided to buckle down and highlight where I've already been (even color coordinated them based on when I went)

33. Invest in five new pieces of furniture of my apartment (dresser, armchair, bar stools, another bookshelf, coffee table):
Five hours after my trek to Brooklyn to Ikea, another eight hours to build it, and two nights of five hours of sleep (or less) I can definitely check that one off 

NEW YORK

39. Play shuffleboard in Brooklyn:





This was one of my favorites to check off. A group of friends rented a cabana, took advantage of the open bar libations, and celebrated one friends birthday at Royal Palms Shuffleboard Club. It was well worth the wait and if you're looking for a fun activity for a large group of people this is perfect! 

42. Attend a Knicks game:

 


This was one of my other favorites to check off. Last saturday night my roommate surprised me with tickets to the Knicks-Sixers game since she knew it was on my list. Such a fun night! 

59. Attend the 9/11 Memorial 

In the midst of my five hour journey to-and-fro to the Brooklyn Ikea, I kept running into obstacles (such as both the 2 and 3 trains randomly stopping) and found myself directly under the memorial. It's something every American should see. 

I have a few more things in the works for next month so hopefully I'll be back with some more progress. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs