Thursday, November 13, 2014

Handbag Essentials

A few weeks ago Julia from Rue La La reached out to me and asked me to discuss the necessities I carry around with me everyday in my handbag. Living in Manhattan, your purse becomes your car, your desk, and your overnight bag all rolled into one. At a moments notice you need to be prepared for anything that life will throw out you. Being that I was a former Girl Scout (but more likely because I'm a little bit OCD) I have my handbag necessities down to a science.


iPad (Cover) // Kate Spade Wallet // Ralph Lauren Sunglasses (old, similar pairs here and here) // Burberry Eyeglasses // Clinique Mascara // Stila Bronzer // Stila Retractable Makeup Brush // Emi-Jay Hair Ties // Gum // Metrocard // Earbuds // Band-Aids // eos // 


I'm guilty of being somewhat of a pack mule and my purse regularly weighs over 10 lbs. My preferred purse style is a tote due to the amount of essentials I carry with me, but unfortunately it means that you begin to accumulate an exorbitant amount of junk, as well. One of the best things I've ever done is switch to a smaller handbag, forcing me to substantially downsize. These are the few things that keep me sane. 

What are your handbag essentials? 



2 comments:

  1. This was me all summer while I was commuting into the city, now that I'm back at school it amazes me how little I actually carry (and how small of a bag I can use!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My purse is always SO heavy also. I would rather be prepared than not prepared though!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs