Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2015 Resolutions


I have high hopes for 2015. Are you always as amazed as I, when you look back over the previous year and realize how much has actually happened? 2014 was a particularly eventful year for me. It wasn't a traditionally monumental twelve months, I didn't get engaged or have a baby, like some of my friends, but when I think back I see just how many experiences I managed to pack into a reasonably short time. I felt like 2014 was when I really got my stride of living in the city. Even though I was very familiar with Manhattan prior to my move, there still was a learning curve associated with a transition to a relatively small city to one of the biggest in the world. I have established an amazing group of friends and have honed in on exactly what I want to do with my life (now comes the fun part of actually making it happen). I have traveled to several new and exciting places and gone to more events than I could ever have imagined. It's easy to get distracted by chaos of everyday life, and to feel inferior when your station in life may not measure up to your peers, but when you stop and think about it, you realize just how truly blessed you are. 


Which brings me to my resolutions for next year...

First and foremost, I want to continue prioritizing my 101 in 1001. It's a more comprehensive resolutions list than I could every hope to make by midnight and will definitely take more than one year to accomplish, but those are the most essential and important goals to me. 

Second, I would like to relax a little more. I'm such a control freak that my anxiety frequently gets the best of me. So much so, that I sometimes miss out on simply enjoying the moment. Which means that this year relaxation takes precedence, whether it's treating myself to a massage, watching some mindless television, or burning a great candle. 

Third, document more. I want to take more pictures. I also want to keep a journal, even if it's a line-a-day, to remember everything. 

Fourth, compare myself less. In a city as cutting edge as New York, there are always girls that have more. Wether it's the latest Celine bag, my dream job, or a model boyfriend, sometimes people are just a little further along than you, and that's okay. One of my favorite quotes is "we tend to compare our behind the scenes with everyone else's highlight reel". You are exactly where you should be. 

Five, make health a priority. I try to do this already, but definitely have room for improvement. I want to go to Soulcycle even more often, and try new things like barre or bikrim yoga. 

Six, be more financially responsible. I've come to the unpleasant conclusion that in New York it's impossible to do everything all the time, at least financially. I want to prioritize what I truly want most and learn to sacrifice the other things. 

Seventh, read 20 books. I feel short again this year, after stalling on more than a few of the books I read this year, so I'm determined to make my goal next year.. 

Eighth, blog more! This is one of my favorite things and I need to be better about carving out time to dedicate to it. 

So there you have more than you ever wanted to know about my resolutions. I have a feeling 2015 is going to be the best year yet! 

1 comment:

  1. Great resolutions! I have started a gratitude journal and am loving the nightly routine of jotting down something I am grateful for at the end of each day!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs