Monday, January 12, 2015

Golden Globes Wardrobe Recap

Award show is upon us again! It's literally the only thing that gets me through the doldrums of the winter (well that and fashion week). I have to say last night's Golden Globes did not disappoint. There were some good and some really bad enables. 

First, Best Dressed

Emily Blunt 

First of all, I'm obsessed with all the braided hairstyles we saw last night (including Jared Leto's) and fully commit myself to trying a variation in the new year. Second, I always adore white on a red carpet, it's so crisp and fresh and this Michael Kors was the perfect representation. And finally, those gorgeous statement earrings and bracelet were to-die for. (Plus she has the greatest accessory of all, John Krasinski) 

Sienna Miller

If I were running Fashion Police, she would be my pick for best dressed. I have unbelievable hair envy of her beach-chic bob and her beaded Miu Miu gown was stunning. I just want to be her. 

Allison Williams 

So Allison is my new girl crush (no pun intended). She's flawless all. the. time. and gets to be good friends with Andy Cohen (some people get all the luck). I'm pretty sure I've been obsessed with every one of her red carpet looks and last night did not disappoint. This shade of this Armani Prive gown was so flattering on her skin tone and the fringe detail made it youthful and fun. 

Julia Louis Dreyfus

I'm just convinced she is Benjamin Buttoning. Drop dead gorgeous.

Naomi Watts

Such a flattering and simple Gucci gown that shows off her beauty and don't get me started on her Bulgari choker!

Gwyneth Paltrow
She didn't walk the red carpet but her coral column dress was amazing! (It gives my favorite, Sienna Miller a run for her money) 


Worst Dressed
I have to confess that two of these pain me to no end to have to say since they are two of my favorite women of all time.

Kerry Washington

She is one of my biggest fashion icons, and not just because Olivia Pope is such a pantsuit pioneer, but this look really fell short. It's extremely unflattering on Washington's flawless frame and was very underwhelming. I just know she had several better options presented to her. Maybe she'll present at the Oscars and she can have a mulligan. 

Kristen Wigg

She is my other favorite person and this look was that of an 80's bridesmaid. Her hair and tan were very on point, but with that figure, why opt for a potato sack? 

Kiera Knightly 

But my worst dress pick would have to go to the gorgeous Kiera Knightly. The bib neckline was just so awful that I have no words. But at least she is kind enough to make herself look bad so the rest of us little people can get up and go to work today. Thanks Kiera for making us feel a little better.

Did you watch the Golden Globes? Thoughts on the looks? 

2 comments:

  1. Kerry Washington broke my heart with that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't ever watch awards shows, but love seeing the outfits afterwards! Love all your best and worst picks! I thought Reese Witherspoon looked absolutely gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs