Monday, January 5, 2015

Purse Makeup Bag

One of my 101 in 1001 was to expand my makeup routine and invest in some new products. I'm far from a makeup connoisseur, I tend to stick with the tried and true items I've used forever, but feel like it's time to mix it up. I know I will never be the type of girl that spends 30-45 minutes each morning putting on her face, I don't have the time or energy for that, but I would like to become more comfortable with some new techniques. 

While my main cosmetic bag tends to be an organized catchall for all the products I acquire, my purse makeup bag is strategically packed with the bare essentials. My purse is already heavy enough without carrying a full Sephora store with me, so I have narrowed it down to the most important products. The purse cosmetic bag is predominately for touchups throughout the day, or to add a few flourishes to transition to a night out, so you definitely need a lot less. 

Here are the eight products I can't live without: 

Purse Makeup Bag
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 

1. Kiehl's Facial Cleanser: A good cleanser is key to wash the grime off and start fresh. (I swear by this Kiehl's).

2. Bobbi Brown Bronzer: Especially in the doldrums of the winter, a little color is essential for everyone.

3. NARS Concealer: As much as every girl would like to deny it, we all get blemishes from time to
time, so a little spot treatment is the perfect solution.

4. Chanel Lipgloss: My daily makeup routine is very lax, so when I am meeting friends for drinks, or grabbing dinner, I need a little extra primping. Lipgloss is the perfect finishing touch.

6. Chanel Mascara: When you're meeting a cute boy for dinner you better be ready to bat those gorgeous lashes! 

7. Stila Retractable Bronzing Brush: I've used these bronzing brushes, in my purse, for years. I love that they have a cap so the bristles are protected, which definitely helps with longevity. 

8. Rosebud Lip Balm: Rosebud is by far my favorite lip balm, it can almost double as a gloss and has amazing healing powers for chapped lips. 

9. Kiehl's Hand Salve: I don't know about you but my hand get really dry during the winter because I wash them about 100 times a day (especially during flu season) and hand lotion is essential. This one is amazing. 

I also tend to keep a few other necessities such as eyedrops, travel sized deodorant, and blotting papers in there as well so I'm always ready to go. 

What do you keep in your to-go cosmetic bag? 



1 comment:

  1. I'm looking to revamp my make-up this year. Will definitely look into these products.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs