Thursday, September 3, 2015

Book Club: Eight Hundred Grapes

I'm aware that I have recommended several books this summer but it has been an unusually great summer for reading. I told you about my top two recommendations (here and here) and I have another one to add to the 'can't miss' list, Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave. I've had Dave's previous novel, The First Husband, on my 'to read' list for forever so I was excited to see she had a new release out this year. As soon as I read the brief synopsis I knew it was right up my alley. 


Georgia comes face-to-face (literally) with a shocking reality on the day of her final dress fitting, a week before her wedding. Without thinking, she immediately flees her home in Los Angeles and returns to her family's vineyard just in time for the final harvest of the season. However, she quickly realizes she didn't manage to escape all of her problems. 

The book is extremely well written and will keep you so engrossed you won't be able to put it down. If you're looking for the perfect book for a final labor day getaway this is definitely it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs